New Orleans Saints At Atlanta Falcons: Five Things To Know
Week 12 of the NFL season gets under way with the New Orleans Saints (8-2) heading to the Georgia Dome to face the Atlanta Falcons (2-8). Sean Peyton’s Saints have been impressive this season where as Mike Smith’s Falcons have been anything but.
The Saints have improved on the defensive side of the football, their defense is ranked 4th overall in the NFL. Drew Brees continues to show why is one of the best signal callers in football, no one can argue with his stats of 3,369 passing yards and 26 passing touchdowns with one rushing touchdown.
At the start of the season many tipped Atlanta to have a productive year. A season, which would have seen them progress into the play offs via a wild card spot. Instead they languish at the foot of the NFC South beyond the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The ability to run the football and stop the rush has been an issue all season long and one that needs to be addressed in the close season.
In terms of the result this game may seem clear-cut but here are five things to know;
1. Brees is looking for his fifth consecutive game of over 300 passing yards.
2. Brees has been sacked at least once in every game this season.
3. Since week one, Jimmy Graham has not gone three consecutive games without a touchdown, currently he has gone two without a touchdown.
4. Matt Ryan has thrown more picks in November (five) than he did in September (three) or October (four).
5. The Falcons have the lowest rushing totals in the NFC with 731 yards at just 73.1 yards per game.
Can the Falcons stop the Saints from posting a big score in the Georgia Dome?